Friday 20 April 2018

It's all about texture

Do you ever look back at all of those images of things you have created?

I've recently been looking back at some of my favourites from the last year or so and one that really stands out was my first project in Mixed Up Mag. 

When I'm creating a new piece, whether its a canvas, substrate kit, altered box or other item, the key element I have to get in is texture - lots of it!

When I started out creating this one, I'd been watching a documentary about ancient sunken empires in Italy and there were lots of artefacts on the sea bed, some whole and some partially so.  The documentary inspired the piece below which I called Lost in Time.  This was in Issue 6 April/May 2017.  

I really love tactile pieces and I don't mind if people want to touch, feel and handle my pieces so they can experience the texture and depth of my work and imagine how I created it.


 Here are a couple of close ups on the luscious texture and rust.



My second favourite heavily textured piece was a blog I did back in Spring 2017 for Powertex - A Window in Jurassic.  You can see how I created it here.  We had been to Dorset and walked the beaches around Burton Bradstock not long after a cliff fall. You could see into the past, lots of fossils of all colours and shapes.



This is a close up of one section of the finished piece



It's good to look back and be proud of what you have created and also see how far you have progressed too. Hope you enjoyed my indulgent reminiscence.

Bye for now
Fi

1 comment:

  1. I love both of these pieces and they have both inspired me in my creations. Such a clever lady. xXx

    ReplyDelete