Monday 9 April 2018

Mad Mad Hatter

Just a quick blog today to share my Mad Mad Hatter project with you.  This is the second of the pieces I created for Tracey's Hochanda show on 30th March.


We had a very colourful kit to choose from which is just perfect for these Alice Theme project kits.

As always, I played with some layout ideas before I for the Powertex out. First I used some Easy Coat Matte to attach the Queen of hearts rice paper on the hat base and on one of the mdf card blanks. 

I then coated everything in black Powertex.  I then made up some stone art clay for the band and added some lace at the top and bottom of the band. I also added stone art clay to the top hat for depth and texture. 
Next I coated and placed the embellishments.

  

Once everything was totally dry I got the Secret Art Loft acrylics out and added several layers of colour.  Next I used a variety of The Secret Art Loft and Powercolor pigments mixed with easy varnish to really make the embellishments pop.  Below are some close ups of some of them.




Here's the finished piece. 

Hope Tracey and the Design Team have inspired you to have fun with your project kits.

Look forward to seeing your pieces in the Powertex Studio Group.

By for now
Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment